6. Herbal and medicinal plants
Growing rare and widely used herbs and medicinal plants is one of the most lucrative businesses. People are going back to their indigenous roots in a big way. Developing and growing them and reviving a tradition that has long been forgotten is a great way to preserve lost flora and fauna.
- The government encourages individuals to take up such ventures with many schemes and monetary compensations.
- These are valuable plants and need protection.
- Some may give yields for years and years after they mature.
- The products and by-products are expensive and definitely provide a huge margin for the grower.
- Large farmlands aren’t required, and these can be grown in smaller areas.